A list of things.
- If you can’t access Wikipedia in China, how does anyone … learn anything?
- I’m not sure why, but a phrase I hear all the time is, “You’re Australian? You don’t look Australian.”
- While walking with my student tour guides for the Zhejiang University Zijingang Campus, we stop suddenly and I ask why. Turns out, they “are lost.”
- I wonder if there’s a Chinese version of Facebook so Chinese people can still upload photos of their friends, passed out in a gutter from too much drinking.
- When I tell people I’m a web developer, that I develop websites for a living, and they say “that’s so cool!” I can’t tell if they’re lying or actually believe it’s cool.
- When discussing dinner, one of my tour guides asks, “do you like beef?” to which I reply yes. She then says, “well, it’s not really beef, but you can have that then.” I decide to ask, “If it’s not really beef, then what is it?” She replies, “how do you say …” looks the word up on her phone and finishes with, “rat.”
Will attempt using a café’s WiFi to upload photos later.